Friday 13 August 2010

Aldebaran

Free Clipart Picture of an Orange Star Burst with a Yellow Outline. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com
I got this thought to start a separate blog to write about everything other than my photography, simply to keep my original blog (Sac's photography) clean and focused only on photography. I have already posted a couple of articles about music on that blog and feel sort of guilty-conscious about it. I should try to import those two articles also to this new blog at a later time.

If you are wondering what Aldebaran is, well, its a star. An orange giant star located about 65 light years away in Taurus constellation, according to Wikipedia. Aldebaran is an Arabic name, meaning 'the follower'. The reason for this choice of name goes back to my childhood. When I was in the primary school I had a Soviet book on astronomy. The book was intended for children, written in the form of a story. The first time I came across this name on that book I developed a fascination towards it. And as you can see, it is still continuing up to the present. So come and be an Aldebaran, a follower...

2 comments:

  1. Love the name of your blog. It's perfect.
    What celestial body does Aldebaran follow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Aldebaran follows Pleiades or Seven Sisters star cluster. :)

    ReplyDelete